Trunk Hatch Won't Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today after trying to throw some bikes in the back I went to open my hatch. I hit the button, but apparently my reflexes were too quick for the mechanism.

I heard the latch open, but it physically didn't open yet. It's stuck now. If I hit the button to open the latch, it makes the noise, just won't open.

The dash light isn't on saying the hatch is open, but I'm ******. I cannot get into my trunk. has anyone experience this or know what to do to get this fixed without a dealership visit?

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Broken cable search old posts on how to repair.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I've tried to take apart a few things but can't figure out how it works. The link doesn't have any pictures anymore, and I'm not trying to mess anything up more than it is. Gotta love the "Search the forum" response. I'll be taking it to the dealer.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Angas, I don't have time to post specifcs now, but search the forum for that topic and my replies...

Tirewall

Reaction score
I had mine fixed by a former LR tech. He said he had to replace the switch. He had to access the tailgate from the inside by removing the plastic surrounds...says it is very easy to crack them if you don't do it right. He is in Branford, CT. I don't imagine you are in New England. If you are, I can give you his #.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA