View Full Version : Suspension Fault (again)

askewed
07-05-2005, 09:30 AM
About 3 weeks ago our HSE had a suspension fault. I was told that the temp sensor in the compressor was faulty, that it reported temps too high to operate and the compressor was replaced.

We returned three days ago after a trip from Princeton, NJ to Washington, DC and back. Did the 4th thing all weekend and on the way home from a picnic last night... BOOM - Suspension Fault agian. This time it cleared with a re-start.

The question is... has this happen to others and should I be expecting a total breakdown soon?

Scott

flowner
07-05-2005, 03:49 PM
This happened to me. No total faliure but my ride quality decreased everyday, which probably caused my tire wear/alignment problems which I'm taking back to the dealer tomorrow for a second attempt to fix. (see my uneven tire wear post)

Freeflytim
07-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Known problem.

The skinny is that the air compressor design was bad and LR has switched the design and the supplier.

New design should be getting into the parts supply line shortly

go here for details--

http://**************/forum/viewtopic.php?t=599

racingdc9
07-06-2005, 09:09 AM
We recently started getting "suspension fault" these past couple of days, can't take it into the dealer unitl monday(no loaner cars). Hopefully, the car will hold up until then. So it could possibly be a bad compressor? We don't go offroading at all, only reg. road use.

It's hot as hell here though, any possibility the heat is the cause? 95*-99* with alot of humidity.

tommithy
07-06-2005, 11:49 AM
I'm seeing suspension faults as well. Oddly it started happening after a visit to the dealer to have the RSEP installed. Other thing that wen't along with it is my mileage has now plummeted from a nice 14 in the city to about 10. Guess I'll have to string the service rep up by his armpit hairs until he tells me what else they did to my ride.

askewed
07-06-2005, 08:28 PM
12 Faults today - $54,000 + No loaners till Wednesday = I'm so fucking mad.

racingdc9
07-06-2005, 09:44 PM
12 Faults today - $54,000 + No loaners till Wednesday = I'm so fucking mad.

Haha, same here but not as bad, no loaders till monday. Man I love this, just imagine the ppl who own RR's and spent $80,000, I wonder if they have to wait?

I'm just happy our LR3 is still drivable.

Freeflytim
07-06-2005, 10:09 PM
No loaner? BS. If you bought your truck at the same dealer it is getting worked on, raise hell. Tell them to give you a demo. Or rent you car.
Twice my dealer has provided me with a Enterprise rent a car.... Once for my air compressor replacement and the second.... just an oil change! Sounds like you need to put the screws somewhere. My dealer has paid for a total of 8 days in a rental. And they apologized that I was driving a Cherokee and not driving a Land Rover. When I had my winch installed they gave me for 2 days a demo SE5, not a loaner.. telling me to 'treat it nicely!'
Hell, my dealer's GM had them take the air compressor off his personal LR3 just because my service guy knew I had planned on going wheelin' that weekend.
Did you guys buy it at the dealer that's working on it?? If you did, raise hell.

racingdc9
07-06-2005, 11:30 PM
They do have enterprise, and enterprise rents out LR's(mostly freelanders). Man, I guess i'm too nice. I might have to call my sales rep and talk to him.

Freeflytim
07-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Im a nice guy also... Im just lucky to have a cool service department. I never had to raise hell to get anything.... they just took care of it. Im glad to give mad props to my small town dealer- Land Rover Chattanooga!

askewed
07-08-2005, 02:46 PM
The faults have just stopped after I had about 30 of them. MPG went down during faults came back after.

askewed
07-12-2005, 05:08 PM
I have an appointment with a reginal tech on Monday!!!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

racingdc9
07-14-2005, 12:57 AM
I talked to my service advisor today on what they did with my LR3 and he said they replaced the Ipac? for the audible tones that were gone, and something about software problems for the suspension fault. He also said I will have to bring the LR3 back another time when their body shop is not booked up, so they can take care of the paint bubble that is on my hood.(lovely, another rental car in the future) Please let this be the last time anything else acts up.

askewed
07-14-2005, 01:07 AM
The faults I'm sure won't be a problem. For me the MPG is the main issue. Today I filled up again this time I got 11MPG (with a lot of highway). It's ALL over the place... 14, 11, 8, 15 ahhhhhhhh!

Come on Monday!

tommithy
07-14-2005, 10:59 AM
I've noticed that when I was having suspension faults that my mileage went way down. After taking it in for diagnosis and the tech cleared the faults my mileage went back up to normal of 14/18. It goes back in Tuesday for a replacement compressor.

I'm thinking that when a fault is sensed the engine management computer goes into a "limp home" mode thus cutting mileage down. Kinda silly to go into this mode when it's a suspension fault though...

racingdc9
07-14-2005, 11:03 AM
My mileage did go down a little around 14.1-14.5 for normal city and it went to 13.3-13.5 once suspension fault started happening.

Ok, just got a call, the LR3 is ready, but the suspension fault is not fixed, the LR3 is going to need a compressor, and here's the good part, they are on backorder, so, I will have to bring it back in another time for them to replace it, once the compressor comes in. This is just fantastic, like have nothing better to do then keep on taking the car back to them. It took them 3.5 days for them to find this out, what the hell. Do they only have like 2 ppl working in the garage? The guy said, the car is still driveable and i'll still get the faults here and there. I hope it can handle long trips b/c we have to drive to Dallas next weekend(275miles ea. way). Frrreeaakin CRAP!!!!!

tommithy
07-14-2005, 04:02 PM
It sucks that your shop took so long to diagnose this problem. I'm really happy with Land Rover of Portland as the techs their diagnosed a compressor problem the same day I brought it in and ordered a new compressor that day.

Although they originally told me that the compressor was backordered and would be in in August, I got a call yesterday telling me that the compressor was in and to bring it in next Tuesday.

As for driving it, my techs did say it was perfectly ok to drive it even with the suspension fault error.

racingdc9
07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
I just want to make sure that it's safe b/c we will be traveling with my 8 month old child and I don't want to put her at risk. Man, if they tell me it's going to be a month or 2 from now, I will probably tell them to freaking take the car back and give me my money back. I didn't pay $50,000+ for a faulty car, no matter if it's still ok to drive or not.

racingdc9
07-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Found out, atleast a 2 week wait on the compressor, supposedly the US is getting 172 compressors and the first ones to get them will be the backorders for warranty work, which I fall into that category.

So if anyone one of you is in need of one, or may think you need one, you better get to your LR dealership and have them check your car out and place one on BO.

Freeflytim
07-15-2005, 01:07 AM
I don't think asking for a new one because you 'think' you need a new one will get you anywhere. It either quits or it doesn't.

Land Rover changed the design and the supplier of the compressor when it saw a problem and it is just taking time to get the new pump into the system.

The General Manager of my dealer told me whether its 6 pumps or 600 on back order, they will all be delivered at the same time from the supplier.

172 on backorder sounds like world wide. Two weeks ago I was told 112 were on world wide back order... Not US. When mine crapped out I was #91 world wide.

Its not a big issue considering the 5000+ (guess) of these trucks sold.

This happened to me last month (see my earlier post)... the pump in my truck was actually removed from the GM's personal truck to get me back on the road.

If you MUST have it make them take one out of a truck on the lot and replace it later with a 'good' one. That's what my dealer did for me. I didn't even know what was going on... they just did it.

racingdc9
07-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Actually, the 172 is not backordered compressors, it's the amount that the US will be getting initially. Giving that I heard the guy correctly. He said he talked to LR NA and the guy told him, that they did change manufacturer and that from what they see(LR NA) that there are a few backorders waiting right now, but not all 172 are spoken for. He said the dealership working on my car, should put a BOR in for the compressor and that should assure that I would get one of them. I don't think my dealership is nice enough to even think about pulling another compressor out of a good car and replacing it. Their thought is, it's still good to drive on, so I have to wait. Eh, don't care anymore, if it breaks down on me, then there will be hell to pay, if it doesn't then it doesn't.

flowner
07-15-2005, 11:06 AM
When I had suspension problems I asked them to give me a loaner, another LR3. If you tell the dealer you have no shocks, each time it faults, they will not agrue about the safety. Why should you rack up miles on a vehicle that is not working correctly. The ride quality on mine started to deteriorate everyday. It's hard to notice if you are the only one driving. My wife drove it for two days before I drove again then the ride quality was very noticable.

Joe
07-15-2005, 07:22 PM
I had the same problem and they did not mention the compressor. I was told that my ECU was not properly communicating. Maybe I will have the problem and be back. I have only had one failure where I received the warning noise and my suspension dropped. What worries me is that that told me they found multiple failures when they hooked it up to the diagnostic machine. Do you guys think that it may be possible to have the failure and not be notified of it? My MPG is also bad, so if I am in this limp mode and not aware of it that would make more sense.

askewed
07-16-2005, 05:51 AM
I will be asking for a new ECU on Monday (I think).

I have had:
40 + suspension faults in the last 10 days.
A compressor go bad a month ago.
The downhill stahl.
The truck only gets the expected MPG for a key cycle or two after being put into and brought out of transport mode. By that I mean (sfter transport cycle) 19/20 Highway, 16/17 local... better than expected I guess... But then it's like something losses those new settings and poof 10/12.5 MPG. Doesn't matter if I'm going downhill with a stiff wind behind me. Well except in city. (In the city) I filled up in DC and drove 60 miles of real city traffic over a day and a half... And got, ready? 7.9 MPG for those 60 miles... It only rose to 10.2 MPG when I left the city and tacked on 110 miles more at 65MPH+.

The last tank full, ALL highway, I got 270 miles out of on 20 gallons. 13.5MPG. The trip computer which used to be spot on with actual mileage, is now a mile and a half per gallon off. We've had the truck since December, it has 9000 miles on it and seems to be getting worse (as the $50 tank fulls go on). The tank full before the current one had no highway and it got 260 on 20 gallons. A 10 miles increase going from all local to all highway seems way out of swing to me.

To boot, the all highway tank estimated MPH never got above 37.9 even though the truck was gased, reset and taken onto the highway within 3 miles of the station then driven 65mph+ for an hour and a half (about 120 miles).

The whole thing seems fuc*ed! My wife wants LR to buy it back if this trip to the dealer doesn't change anything... and I'm (sadly) almost ready to agree with her!

Looking for opinions... Does it seem like the ECU to you or something else? This is my one chance with the regional tech and I don't want to waste it... Maybe I'm towing an invisible building behind me? You know I was joking but in truth sometimes when I leave a stop sign (nice and easy) the motor sounds like it;s trying to pull a building over....

So ECU, WWF, NCAA? What do you think it could be? and why? Thanks!

Scott

texas911
07-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Askewed. I'm with your wife. Lemon it and get an 06!

racingdc9
07-16-2005, 11:19 AM
askewed: well if it's your fuel then it most likely is the computer, since it regulates how much fuel goes in the engine when you step on the gas, idle, etc... Unless it's a clogged fuel filter(doubt it), I would tell them to keep the car, and that you don't want it back(1-2-3 weeks, etc...) until they find out what's wrong with it. Crap, tell one of them to drive it for a few days and actually see what's going on w/ the vehicle, instead of driving it 30ft and turning around and saying it's ok. Plus most of the time, my suspension faults didn't kick in until i drove the car.

Good Luck!!!

askewed
07-18-2005, 04:56 PM
The loaner did 3MPG better then my truck on the ride home...

Colt45
07-18-2005, 09:56 PM
I have an appointment with a reginal tech on Monday!!!!!

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's a 'Regional Tech' ?

My local guys have been working on my nav system for over 2 weeks now. Been talking to Tech Support too. - -Maybe one of those 'Regional Techs' might be able to help figure things out?

askewed
07-20-2005, 12:27 AM
That's not the term they use... I'll remember it the next time I hear it and let you know..

He (the tech) was sent by LR to try and fix my problem. He shows up and the dealership gives him a place to work. I had to plead my case with LR CSRs (2 of them) before (this is over months) finding a person to take me seriously. Then she (a saint) has to convince another guy who then sends the tech.

I hope he's able to help or we'll be asking for a buy-back... and we don't want that! We just want the truck to work properly...

tommithy
07-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Well, no new compressor for us. They just looked it over, checked the power connections and made sure the lines were clear. I can't really say anything until it breaks again but when that happens I'm gonna raise hell.

So far it's been good and my mileage is back to normal.

bsal
07-21-2005, 04:42 AM
during the July 4th weekend i had my first suspension fault. Then it stopped until just a few days ago. Every other day now i get some kind of fault accompanied by every computer ran part in my car flicking on and off. I just woke up to hear my cars alarm going off as a result of all these unknown problems. Kind of weird having it happen tonight after seeing the service advisor today to solve these problems. I couldn't start my car in this morning and had to be jump started. at the dealership they said they would take a look at it, said it was the battery, and i was on my way. But agaiin i did wake up to that annoying alarm. im going to bring my lr3 back to the dealer tomorrow morning and raise hell because i dont want to be driving around a $55000 POS ride that doesnt run correctly.

What a wonderful car for the first 6 months, the 7th month is turning out to be a disaster. $55000 for shit on wheels - how convienient! Fuck

askewed
07-29-2005, 09:36 PM
1 Today after 9 days in shop.

I got one out of another LR3... seems the new ones aren't available yet.

racingdc9
07-29-2005, 10:01 PM
bsal: where are you located? I feel you man, mine was fine for months or so and now its suspension fault, still waiting on the new compressor. Should come in this week.

LR3_Magic
07-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Called the dealer this afternoon about picking up my LR3 HSE7. It has been in the shop since tuesday of this week for suspension failure upon lowering. Today they replaced the front right suspension height sensor after it had been overnighted. Yesterday they replaced the rear right suspension height sensor after waiting a day for it to be overnighted.

When I called this afternoon, the service advisor stated that my vehicle was now giving a different failure message and that they would need more time to figure out what was going on. Stated they would probably have to contact Land Rover to get help with the problem. Failure message started aroung 100 miles and I have now had the vehicle only 5 days and by next Monday, the dealership will have had my LR3 for 6 days. Will wait to see what the dealership says on Monday before I start the process of contacting LRNA customer relations. Don't know if that will make any difference. I do have loaner so can get around, but not like having my own vehicle and it is not a HSE with Nav, towing and third row seating.

Colt45
07-29-2005, 11:14 PM
LR3 Magic - - good luck with your LR3, - - hope it all works out for you. - - - I've been driving an '04 Discovery loaner for over 3 weeks now while they try to figure out what's wrong with the nav system. I just checked for phone messages from my service advisor and there are none so I'm thinking tech support didn't have any success figuring it out yet. Wish they'd contact the Japanese company that makes the nav set-up to see it they know what's going on. Sigh . . . maybe upcoming Week 4 will be the one.

grommet
07-30-2005, 12:29 AM
LR3_Magic, why did you post the exact same message in 3 threads on the same forum?! Too bad we're not moderated. :-p

askewed
07-30-2005, 11:45 PM
2, 2 suspension faults... moo ha ha ha

askewed
08-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I will be in a replacement truck (at no cost) by the EOW...

Yea!!!!

More later.

racingdc9
08-11-2005, 06:50 PM
askewed: how long did your LR3 end up in the shop for? total?

askewed
08-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Until this is over I'm uncomfortable elaborating here (I know my dealer visits this site). I'll be documenting the entire experience next week...

So please give me a few more days and all will be explained... Soup to nuts.

racingdc9
08-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Man, didn't know owning a LR was this diffucult, have to hide things and keep stuff on the DL.

I've considered selling the LR3 once I get it back, don't want to deal with this type of BS, freaking service advisor never calls me back, i always have to call him, it's been 3 days now, and he hasn't called me on an update on when the car will be done, i'm just keeping quiet and seeing how long it takes for him to call me. Can't wait until the survey ppl call(which call at all sorts of times, day or night, weekday or weekends) IRRITATING.

Sorry for the rant, I just want my car back. I've always owned Toyota or Mercedes and I've never had this problem.

racingdc9
08-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Well, got the LR3 back and so far it's driving good, no faults. Hopefully, smoothe sailing from now on.

texas911
08-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey racingdc9, who's your dealer?

askewed
08-15-2005, 05:13 PM
New truck is on the lot...

Getting closer to it.

racingdc9
08-15-2005, 06:57 PM
texas911: landrover houston near I10

Are you the one i always see around eldridge, briarforest area?

texas911
08-16-2005, 10:40 AM
No, I'm in West U. There is another Silver LR3 down my street but he put some mongo 20" black wheels on his. Looks not that great to me. That's my dealer too. How do you like them?

racingdc9
08-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Texas911: the dealership is ok, my sales rep is Alan Lucks(real nice guy and to the point) Service, is kinda ok, it's always hard calling the service adviser and getting a hold of him(Ray), and most of the time, when I leave a message, it's hardly ever returned. They always tell, me that they will call me to let me know how long the service will take, but I always get a call a few days later tellling me the car is done, instead of giving me a time frame. What Kind of bugged me last time when i took the car in for the 7500 mi. service, it took them 2 days to do the service, and I took the car in at 8AM. They didn't do the oil change until the 2nd day(pretty much that's all they did was an oil change, nothing else). Why have me take the car in so early if they're not going to touch it until the next day.

Last thing, once everything is done, the survey people will start calling, and they won't stop until they get a hold of you, that means, calling your home, work, cell phone, etc.... They called my wife's cell phone the other day(during work),just b/c they couldn't get a hold of us at home. I'm planning on calling LR and complaining about that.

Sorry for the RANT, but that's my experience with LR ever since I've bought my LR3, i've had Mercedes, Toyota, etc... and never ever, had this type of service before. It's making me think twice about getting another LR(RR sport) in the future.

Tommy

texas911
08-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm with you there. They are the only dealer in Houston proper so they do as they please. And they are kinda cocky about it. I wish, wish, wish, that another dealer would open up in Houston.

I always get the impression that I'm in an adversarial relation with my service rep. Takes a long time for me to get a call back and on the warranty complaints, he seems like he doesn't believe me on them. Oh well, what is there to do, I'm not driving to the Woodlands to buy a car!

My salesman is pretty nice. The finance guy, well, he's pretty sleazy.

I love my LR3 though and am glad I got it over the VW Touareg!

racingdc9
08-16-2005, 03:57 PM
We were deciding between the Cayenne and Escalade, but LR3 was the only one that came with 3rd row seats that were comfortable.

Yes, it would be nice to have another LR dealership in town. I know that the Woodlands dealership is more friendly and has better prices on parts, etc....

I hope, nothing else goes wrong with the LR3, so I don't have to go back to the dealership.(crossing fingers).

Freeflytim
08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Man, didn't know owning a LR was this diffucult, snip.

Obviously you don't know anything about Land Rovers!!! :hello:
"Land Rover" and "Quality" are words that have never been used side by side!! :biggrin:

texas911
08-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Actually in the 3 and a half years I had my Disco II, I only went in once for quality work, and that was for what ended up being a recall. Other than oil changes, it was totally trouble free. I mean everyday, I waited for it to do something, but not a thing happened. No oil leaks, no broken anything!

Sometimes you can't believe what you read on the internet. I would have kept the Disco, but the LR3 was just way way too nice to pass up.

racingdc9
08-17-2005, 11:11 AM
I kind of knew there might be problems, but I jumped anyways, hehe and now i've hit the bottom.

roverdawg
08-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Well, here we go.

After marveling at my luck, I've now joined the ranks of those who have experienced the dreaded 'suspension fault'. Mine start up within a minute of turning on the engine, usually accompanied by a grinding noise from the compressor. Will not clear on re-boot. Goes into the shop (Land Rover-Bellevue, WA) on Tuesday. In the past 2 weeks, I've also experienced the rattling side speaker issue AND the no sound from stereo issue AND the frozen (on the LR logo) nav screen issue AND the hazing on the interior side panels. I'll update this with the dealer's response and keep y'all posted....

2005 LR3 HSE 12,900 miles

roverdawg
08-31-2005, 12:51 AM
I get my LR3 back in the AM, they replaced the EAS compressor today and this should (hopefully) fix the 'suspension faults' that I'd been getting. Same day service and they gave me a Mercedes coupe loaner in the meantime, so all-in-all a painless experience....as long as the problem is solved that is. Now to deal with the fuel tank recall....

goofyMD
09-02-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm in also. but luckly the dealer knew the problem, had the part and is beeing installed as we speak.

roverdawg
09-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Had the new EAS compressor installed three days ago and so far, so good. Might be my imagination, but it seems the ride is even smoother than before. At any rate, the 'suspension fault' gremlins are gone....

TimLR3
09-05-2005, 10:01 PM
I just had the compressor replaced in my LR3 also. Only 4k miles on a $54k vehicle and the compressor goes out. :( Had it in the shop for a week. They gave me a loaner but it was a freaking bare bones Camry. :( Man, that car sucked! I was definitely glad to get the LR3 back. I've also had the problem with the radio. They ordered a replacement for me and I'm waiting on it now. Got the problem with the interior panels hazing also. What's the fix, if any, for that? It looks terrible!

The worst problem with the LR3 is the gas mileage. It's terrible! I didn't expect it to be great but it's much worse than what it's supposed to be. After 4k miles, I'm averaging around 13.5 mpg and it's definitely gotten worse since I had the compressor replaced.

roverdawg
09-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I've also noticed a slight drop in the mileage since having the compressor replaced but too short of a time frame to say for sure. btw I had the speaker rattle issue and they're going to replace the speaker. The interior panel hazing has returned and someone mentioned a leather cleaner so I may give that a go.

Freeflytim
09-06-2005, 12:51 AM
Only 4k miles on a $54k vehicle The worst problem with the LR3 is the gas mileage. It's terrible!

You just spent $54k on a Land Rover and you are complaining about filling it up?? Im not the sharpest tack in the box but I knew what I was buying.:biggrin: Im happy to get 14mpg! I never expected a 3 ton truck to get any better. It isn't a Honda CR-V.

askewed
09-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Im happy to get 14mpg!

Well you shouldn't be happy at all. I've owned a lot of vehicles and they all had one thing in common. The sticker on the window gave a range that the MPG would fall into and it always did.

If the LR3 stickers said 11 - 14 MPG... There would be no complaining about 13.5 MPG but it says 14 - 18 MPG and that's a flat out lie.

I make it a practice to always be angry at someone that lies to me. So I don't think LR3 owners that complain about the MPG are expecting 22 city and 30 highway I think they'd just like to get 14 to 18 as stated.

TimLR3
09-09-2005, 10:47 PM
You just spent $54k on a Land Rover and you are complaining about filling it up?? Im not the sharpest tack in the box but I knew what I was buying.:biggrin: Im happy to get 14mpg! I never expected a 3 ton truck to get any better. It isn't a Honda CR-V.
I knew exactly what I was buying and it wasn't a vehicle that would get 13-14 MPG. The sticker said 14 City and 18 Highway and that's what I expected. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

rangestormer82
09-12-2005, 10:40 PM
I think you should all stop being such whiny bitches. You bought a British car that has had problems from day one. (And I don't mean day one of the LR3, I mean day one of the Rover Car Co.) British cars (Aston's aside) are not exactly known for their brilliant wiring systems. Jaguar and LR especially! You bought cars that have state of the art technology made with the most archaic, stone-age components. Get over it! It's a 3 ton SUV. NO 3 TON SUV GETS GOOD MPG!!! (Or maybe you haven't been clued in) This forum is making me not want to buy a LR. Not because I'm worried that the car isn't a good car, but because I don't want to end up sounding like all of you. You expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter because you drive a Land Rover? I hope that someday some of you have real problems to worry about instead of just bitching about your overpriced, unreliable pieces of British trash.

Freeflytim
09-12-2005, 10:59 PM
ROFL!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

toddjb123
09-13-2005, 11:23 AM

If the LR3 stickers said 11 - 14 MPG... There would be no complaining about 13.5 MPG but it says 14 - 18 MPG and that's a flat out lie.

Maybe this falls in the fine print of "your mileage may vary."

I get exactly what it says with 5600K on it. In fact, if I reset the trip computer on a highway trip I actually get 18.8 MPG and that's driving 65-75 in Sport mode the whole way.

If I don't mess with the trip computer I average 15.7ish.

The mileage sucks, but I knew that going into it. What I didn't figure was how much gas would go up since I bought it! $70 for a premium fill-up....DAMN!!!!!

askewed
09-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Your not wrong but what isn't being factored in is that the truck seems to get negative 43 MPG when it's at a stop and idling. And that doesn't have thing one to do with how much the thing weighs.

Freeflytim
09-13-2005, 12:47 PM
My comfuser showed 296mpg once, I was coasting down a mountain in N, tho.

aah78
11-09-2005, 01:11 PM
new LR3.
discovered the fantastic electronic raise/lower suspension button and was fascinated by it. used it daily - every single time somebody got in/out of the car.
result - car:
around 3500 miles the Suspension Fault light comes on. Resets when the car is turned off and on again in a minute or so but comes on intermittently after every 10 miles of driving or so.
7500 mile service is done at around 5000 miles.
service center can't find a fault code but they find that the master cylinder was failing, which is replaced and the car is back to being a darling.
restult - me:
have to stop behaving like a kid and grow up. now i try and restrain myself from using the magic raise/lower button and the car has been fine for the past 2000 miles.

askewed
11-10-2005, 08:51 AM
We use it EVERY time we enter and exit the truck... That's what it's for. No shame.

racingdc9
11-10-2005, 09:20 AM
We use it all the time too. You shouldn't have to avoid using something on your car, especially, something that is meant for you to use day in and day out.

Example: So if you for some odd reason hurt your back, and the only way to get in and out of your car is to lower it each time, are you gonna not lower the car and endure the pain?

Trust me, I highly doubt the reason for your "suspension fault" is you raising it up and down all the time, there's something already wrong with the system.(ie:master cylinder replacement or compressor or wiring)